Monday, January 11, 2010

Setting Intentions

I am a Goddess, and I decided that with a word of the year like "intention," it would be an important thing to set some intentions.  I usually like the number 4, and may increase later, but I also like the number 3, and have decided to set 3 intentions.  On Friday night, I knew there were some specific things I wanted to get done over the weekend.  I also knew that I was heading into a busy weekend (my friend's daughter was having her 5th birthday party on Saturday, my sister and brother-in-law were coming for a football game on tv, and my friends had a surprise going away party as they were supposed to move out of state today).  Instead of coming up with a to-do list a mile long that would overwhelm me, or even coming up with separate intentions for each day, I picked 3 intentions for the weekend.
  • Get a birthday card and $15 ($5 for past/present/future and some spending money for the new city/state, as well as less stuff to move)
  • Do laundry and Fold (I usually leave clean laundry in a basket for weeks until too much laundry and fold most but have more that I leave in a basket)
  • Carwash (I have an irrational fear of the carwash.  My car needed cleaning but I'm scared of screwing up getting the car aligned in the groove so it can go through in neutral.)
Saturday I accomplished the first intention.  Sunday, before the party, I started laundry, went through the carwash on the way home, then put my laundry in the dryer when I got home.  On Sunday night I actually folded my laundry and put it all away.  It felt so amazing on Sunday to accomplish my intentions.  The feeling was actually more of elation since I have the nasty habit of procrastination in my life (not so much at work).  I took those feelings last night and set another 3 intentions for today.  I thought about making 3 intentions for Monday/Tuesday, but instead I simplified my intentions.
  • Dress how I want to feel.
  • Publish a blog about Goddess progress.
  • Take Dutch for a walk halfway down road.
Before I left my bedroom this morning, I was already wearing heels.  I have pretty much been feeling sick for two to three months now, nonstop.  On Thursday I realized that not only is this getting ridiculous, but I'm not helping anything when I dress like I feel.  Dressing "sick" for months on end just made me feel worse.  I came up with the motto "Dress how you want to feel" and planned to put it into action today, but instead started Friday.  I am already beginning to feel a little bit better.  The second intention? Well, that's what I'm doing now, lol... Dutch is my dog and he is little.  He is literally 12 lbs and it is difficult to get him to walk more that one house past mine.  Today, he would not even walk all the way past the next house.  My intention was to walk him halfway down the road even though it would be difficult.  I walked him around the house for 10-15 minutes, then started down the road.  He did not want to come.  So I picked him up and walked a quarter mile down the road continually talking and petting him, stopping every so often to reassure him even more.  Halfway down the road, I put him down and we went back home.  I expected him to be mad at home and ignore me, but he continued to jump all over me as usual.  Success!

I still need to set intentions for tomorrow, but I am loving the feeling of accomplishment that this is bringing.  No heels tomorrow because I have physical therapy, but I think I will soon be making a continual intention of doing my home therapy so that I may stop going to PT during my lunch breaks twice per week.  I know I can do it and I know that I will set the intention of finding way to heal my knees and it will work.  I am a Goddess, I can do anything.

1 comment:

  1. You CAN do anything you put your mind to. My intention for tonight is to do blog posts for yesterday's and today's goddess binder progress with the photos I took today. And then to do my posts on time, which means at night instead of the next day.

    ReplyDelete