Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Difficult Intention and Helping a Coworker

I am a Goddess, and today's intentions follow:
  • Get to work on time.
  • Go thru one magazine or box.
  • Keep a positive attitude.
I was 4 minutes late to work, but it was before some of my coworkers with the same schedule instead of after all, so I'm ok with that.  Hoping to not be late (at all) tomorrow.  Yesterday I was a minute early.  (Let me clarify - I am usually 10 to 20 minutes late to work daily.  Although it allows me to get more work done at the end of the day when the phone isn't ringing, we had a department meeting on Friday and my boss commented on lateness in general.  Trying to change my ways.)

As for the magazine/box, I went through a magazine and a half, reading some and saving some articles to read later.  I have a box that easily has 50 magazines in it.  I refuse to throw them out without looking at them, so I have to go through each.  The other option was to go through a box.  Although I did not commute to college for long, I acquired boxes that were not all emptied.  I also had a flood a few years back, packed everything, had a sump pump put in, and did not regain the same amount of shelving when I unpacked.  This means that I did not unpack all of those boxes either.  Setting the intention of a box or magazine will cause me to start with one, but likely deal with more than one of whichever I choose.  I can deal with one thing.  I can not wrap my mind around 10 or 50.

My third intention was the most difficult, but I plan to set it again daily.  "Keep a positive attitude."  At work, it is so easy to become very stressed to the point of negativity.  By choosing to keep a positive attitude, I decided to listen to Lady GaGa (the music is so upbeat that I naturally stay positive).  When my coworker (that "shares" my job and was out sick yesterday) was becoming stressed, she mentioned the idea of turning on Linkin Park because it would match her mood.  I immediately told her that I had decided that today I would keep a positive attitude, and that I would not play any hard rock or metal.  I like Linkin Park.  I like Metallica.  But I have to say that upbeat pop and dance music puts me in a much better mood than they do.  When she heard this (and how I had a Care Bears album on my iPod courtesy of my sister, but had just taken it off), she rethought Linkin Park and decided to try to stay positive also.  Later, I saw her flipping past some of the heavier artists on her iPod to get to the lighter pop or upbeat dance music.

I am a Goddess, and I have the ability to help other people improve their lives by being myself.

1 comment:

  1. It is so much easier to set a low goal and surpass it, than to set a high goal and get too frustrated to reach it... and a lot better for your mood too!

    ReplyDelete