Monday, January 18, 2010

Catching Up

I am a Goddess, and I had planned to work on Creating My Goddess Year yesterday with my sister, but unfortunately, she was unable to come and visit.  As we did not work together, I decided that I needed to set that as an intention.
  • Call & go to S*****'s office for glasses prescription (if office is open).
  • Read 1 chapter of Forever Amber.
  • Do 1 page of Creating My Goddess Year.
  • *Bonus - Be Positive - Smile
Last night I was very tired and did not set my intentions.  I actually waited until after my shower and breakfast to finally set my intentions.  As I was unable to find my prescription over the weekend, I decided that it was necessary to get a new copy.  Realizing that today was a holiday (Martin Luther King Jr Day), I was not sure that the office would be open.  Luckily, when I called, they were and made a copy of the prescription.  Equally lucky is the fact that I work on the fourth floor of the building and they are located just below my office on the third floor.  Come lunch time, I quickly ran downstairs and got a copy of my prescription.  It was so much easier than tearing apart the house to find the original.  Glasses prescription in hand, I asked dad to accompany me to the mall to buy new glasses.  He put up with me trying on several dozen pairs of glasses and sunglasses before settling on the ones that I chose.  Having my father with me also means that I was better able to understand the different things that they tried to sell me.  My glasses seemed expensive to me, but the glasses and sunglasses were equally expensive, but on a buy one/get one sale so each was half price.  According to the excellent sales girl, they both are custom order so will be mailed out and I should have them in one week.  After waiting since early April (when I got the prescription), I will finally have new glasses.  Yay!!!!

Forever Amber is a huge book.  Really, it is.  It is 972 pages.  This means it is really heavy.  Today, for the first time, I actually brought it with me to work.  I read it on my lunch break (listening to Clair de Lune to tune out my coworkers) once I got back from grabbing my prescription.  I believe that I read a full chapter, but I went from the middle of one to the middle of the next.  Either way, I will read more before bed.  It is a really good book and I'm enjoying it immensely.

Based on the fact that I unexpectedly went out to get glasses, I only completed one page of Creating My Goddess Year.  I had previously completed the first two pages last weekend while my sister was here and we had planned to do more over the weekend.  I feel as if today was catching up because I did some more of the workbook.  Today, I wrote about many things that I was grateful for in 2009.  Among them was being grateful that I was able to be a a witness to my sister marrying the man that she loves, and that I am grateful for Dutch!  When I first looked at the page, it was intimidating.  An entire page of things I was grateful for?  I did not know if I could fill it.  But then I got the end of the page and was worried that there would not be enough space for everything that I wanted to mention.

I do not know if I was positive all day, but I did try to be.  I know that I became more positive when I spent time with my parents, when I bought my new glasses and sunglasses (which should be really good for when I get migraines), and when I thought about how tomorrow is my anniversary at the job and I have made it over a year at my first full-time job.  That thought makes me smile and happy.  Today was also picture day because we will be getting new badges at work.  I had completely forgotten about this, but I borrowed my sister's word of presence and just took the picture.  My coworker showed me the picture and offered a retake if I wanted it, but I decided that if I am to be in the present, there is no reason to correct the past.  I was not making a funny face, there was no food in my teeth, and it was only going to be a 1 inch by 1 inch picture.  The picture was me, there was no need to change it.  Some of my coworkers went so far as to beg off having their pictures taken today due to lack of makeup or whatnot.  I had completely forgotten about the picture and my hair was still wet when I arrived to work.  I was not wearing makeup.  Does that matter?  No.  I looked like me, and that picture is not going to circulate.  It will be on my name badge, on me.

I am a Goddess, and I am thrilled to finally be getting new glasses.  I have needed new glasses for well over a year, but have had the prescription for 9 months.  Either way, getting the glasses will be one less stressor in my life.

1 comment:

  1. You need to go into the blog settings, then to email & mobile, and add me in the top box so your blog will automatically email me your posts. For some reason Bloglines doesn't like updating me right away. :(

    Yay about the workbook, and you can borrow my word ANYTIME!!!

    ReplyDelete