Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Challenging Day

I am a Goddess, but even Goddeses can have challenging days.  I would love to blame the week of challenges on the fact that one of my first calls on Monday morning was from someone that last Wednesday had told me that he could do my job better than me (he had been misinformed about something and believed that I had failed to give him pertinent information for over a month).  By beginning the week with that phone call, all of his negative energy washed over me and every day I have felt like I was going insane at work.

Anyway - here were my intentions for the day:
  • Keep a positive attitude.
  • Read a chapter of Forever Amber.
  • Check windshield washer fluid/refill.
Although I wanted to keep a positive attitude, negative energy had a funny way of sneaking back up on me.  Large amounts of stress and an excessive workload kept me from staying very positive.  On a few occasions I spent time with coworkers that understood my stress and I understood theirs.  Instead of encouragement (though I did attempt this a little bit), we managed to each discuss our stressers to get them off our chests.  This bred negativity as we did not switch to encouragement or anything to make the situation positive.

I pretty much knew when I got home from work that I was not going to check my windshield washer fluid.  My father helped me change it last week but I'm having the same problem again in that it is not spraying.  I assume that it is because the temperatures are bordering on 0 degrees Farhenheit lately.  I think the fluid has frozen.  With the temperature that cold, it is too cold to spend time outside.  I used logic to talk myself out of completing an intention.

I did not want to end my day on too low of a note so I did grab my book and I have already read a few chapters and plan to read more before bed.  I started it the first weekend of the new year and had not read since.  I love to read but the book is 972 pages and a historical fiction novel.  I want to read, but the size and idea of the book is daunting.  I had actually read the prologue months ago and never continued the book at the point.  The story is very interesting but the shear size of it was hard to overcome.  I hope to finish it this month.

I am a Goddess, but even Goddesses need to work to stay positive sometimes.  I was not completely positive all day, but negativity did not overwhelm me.  I also did read more than my specific intention.  For this, I can end my day on a positive note.

No comments:

Post a Comment