Sunday, January 17, 2010

Altered Intentions

I am a Goddess, and I set my weekend intentions with certain expectations of what the weekend would entail.  I was wrong...
  • Try to find glasses prescription (if found - order new glasses).
  • Look at windshield wiper problem w/ dad.
  • Enjoy spending quality time w/ family during the football game.
I was smart in setting my first intention.  I nearly stated to find the prescription and order the glasses, but did not want to set myself up for an automatic failure to meet the intention.  I search for the prescription and could not find it.  I know where I last saw it and a variety of other places that I could have placed it, but it was not found in any of them.  I did try to find the prescription, but unfortunately, I could not find it.  I will have to call my eye doctor to ask for a new prescription.  I want to be able to wear glasses when I do not feel well without the worry that they will cause a migraine or cause me to feel worse.

Although I had the intention to look at the windshield wiper problem with my dad, he looked into it before I asked him to.  I asked him to check with me because there was daylight and it seemed that he had time, but I guess he also had time earlier and did it without me.  A simple solution to the symptom (was not working because out of fluid), but as it was filled less than two weeks earlier, there may be a separate problem.  So I was unable to look at the problem with dad, but I did discuss it with him and did make the effort, so I will say this was accomplished.

As for football?  I do not understand football.  Growing up, my sister and I chose which team to root for in the superbowl (the only game the family ever had on - because of the commercials) based on which team had cuter uniforms.  I am more than willing to learn about football, but I have no patience for it when the person trying to teach really does not have anything invested in the game.  (I am a baseball fan.  I love the Mets.  I would watch every game if I could and wish I had season tickets. - That is my definition of investment in a sport.)  Last weekend, my sister and brother-in-law came to the house to watch the football game.  My brother-in-law "forced" me to watch, saying that I could not leave the room.  In order to be more positive, I decided to call it spending "quality time" this weekend.  Unfortunately, my brother-in-law was not feeling well so they did not come for the game.  The rest of my family was not watching the game so I had no need.  I did watch part of the game, trying to follow what was happening, and I did spend quality time with each of my parents.  I could not meet the original intention, so I altered it and met the altered intention.

This weekend did not end as I expected it to, but I tried to keep a few extra intentions that I have set at other times.  In addition to this weekend's specific intentions, I also dressed how I wanted to feel today.  I may still feel sick, but I look fabulous.  I went through another magazine.  I got to work on time (with the help of my father since my weekend job is working for him an hour from home for a few hours on Sunday mornings).  I did my laundry (will fold tomorrow as it was not an intention so I watched the first half of the Pride and Prejudice miniseries with my mother tonight).  I took Dutch for a few walks and got closer to halfway down the street without needing to carry him.  I also am publishing this blog (with one set of intentions for the weekend, I did not publish yesterday).

I am a Goddess, and I am enjoying learning to apply my intentions to my life without needing to set the same intentions multiple times.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry we couldn't come up, but his back has been problematic again lately. I don't think he can survive the car ride anymore! It's definitely gotten worse again. :-(

    The game sucked, Dallas lost, and I fell asleep before half-time. Mark wasn't even watching by the end, he was flipping to it once in a while but really watching a movie on another channel.

    Way to go on intentions, sounds like you're doing well! I need to work on Presence, but it will probably be a long process... good thing I have all year to practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing well aren't I? lol. The only reason I'm doing well is that it is so specific. Write down intentions, complete, post blog. Once I attempt the less specific or more general of positivity, it is difficult. The word "presence" would be intimidating to me because it can go in so many directions.

    HintHint - you'll be happy with one of todays intentions. You weren't here yesterday so I did not do something so I made it an intention for today. :-)

    ReplyDelete