Sunday, January 10, 2010

I am a Goddess and I chose my word of the year

I am a Goddess.  I am sure that you know that, but if you didn't, I guess it's a good thing for me to mention.  I am a Goddess who happens to work in a cubicle and get stressed out at work quite often.  I am a Goddess who is 25 and in love with the idea of love but not in love with a living breathing man.  I am a Goddess who realizes that she is not perfect, and will never be.  But I am also a Goddess that is ready to stop letting the "real" world interfere with her Goddess feelings of joy, happiness, satisfaction, and her knowledge that anything is possible.

Anyway, there is this concept called "word of the year."  I have chosen my word for 2010.  I did not look for my word; it found me.  The word is "intention."  Although this word can be confused with goal or a variety of other words, it is perfect for me for the upcoming year.  I set my intentions and then meet them.  If I write a to-do list, the list ends up being extremely long and hard to accomplish.  If I set goals, then they are for the future and and not always things that are really possible.  With intentions, I can set a few intentions each night for the upcoming day and actually accomplish them.  I have noticed things that needed cleaning in my house over the past days, weeks, months, and have not dealt with them.  Realizing this, I set the intention and then grab the vacumn or cleaning supplies and get it done.  Even a check gets written quicker when I set the intention.

I am hoping to set the intention of keeping up this blog and to continue to live by this word.

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis! I just gave you a shout out on my newest blog post, and hope you continue posting and that we can both build a following. :-) Love you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "intentions" I too started a new year blog, my first time but hoping to keep it going. Good luck with your intentions.

    ReplyDelete